Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Some random thoughts..

Today was kind of a crazy day. So far things have been going pretty good, I was happy to get to know things around here and with the homeschooling progress with Jasmine knowing that we made the right choice. ( the more I read on it and do it, the more convinced I am)

But today things just bugged me. I was mad (understatement of the year) with the kids jumping around, whining, things getting messy, spilling stuff, things not getting done etc.
I was angry and frustrated with myself for not being the wife I want to be and I just wanted to drop everything and go to work and have a break. And of course then I was mad for feeling that way. Anyway, it took me a minute to see that I was under attack.

Boy the enemy sure knows how to get us. I grabbed a scripture based book on child training to get some encouragement and that did the trick. I was calm again, could deal with the kids in a manner that got results instead of endlessly yelling at them. And I felt like I must be doing something right if the enemy tries to bring me of course. We had a great time with daddy just goofing around with the girls.
Lesson learned: sometimes we forget to step back and re-focus instead of trying to do it on our own!

1 comment:

  1. That was a good step, stop take a breather and maybe find something that is encouraging. I fail so many times when having a bad day and anger tends to take over. One thing that I try to remember is when I am angry, that makes things so much worse and the day tends to continue to be bad and things tend to go wrong because of my anger.

    Jamie

    ReplyDelete